Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Why THE OFFICE is the best show on television


1.) It is actually funny. Unlike most comedic sitcoms that try too hard to duplicate the success of "Everybody Loves Raymond" but instead end up recycling bad jokes, "The Office" throws in a little innovation.
2.) Steve Carrell is a comic genius. I mean, I assume he's a nice guy in real life, but he does such a stellar job of playing a naive jerk that it's hard to picture him any other way.
3.) There is no laugh track. Nothing insults an audience's intelligence more than a TV show telling them when to laugh.
4.) Arrested Development is off the air. A.D. used to be the greatest show going, but it was cancelled. Thus, a new winner.

3 comments:

Krista said...

The Office definatley is one of the greatest shows, and I certainly agree that it brings a whole new level of hilarious, that lets the viewer choose when they want to laugh.

Kelly Daniele said...

My favorite show ever!

Did everyone see the premiere?
AMAZING.

Jim and Pam are together!
Yay.

Audrey Price said...

Girl! I'm very glad you forced me to have an "Office" night (despite all my remarks). "The Office" is just the kind of show that needs to be teased...